Manufactured by Honest Dong, this is a 10-piece dimple lock pick set, with colorful handle, and durable metal material. It also comes with a covert hard case (that resembles a spectacles case) for easy storage and carrying.
The handles are crafted anodised aluminium, which are of a good size that makes them easy to use the rotate without much effort. Resulting in a comfortable grip and easy movement.
- 10 x Dimple lock pick set
- 1 center flag
- 5 left flags
- 4 right flags
- 2 x Turning tool
Unfortunately, these picks lack a professional finish. But this can be easily remedied with some patience, sandpaper and a little elbow grease. You can round off the square shafts, bevel the flags, and give them a good polish - they will then closely resemble a professional kit.
What they have going for them:
- Fast & Free shipping;
- Large number of different picks;
- Easy to hold handles;
- Strong shafts on the picks;
- Shafts/handles are replaceable with allen key provided
- All packaged together in a case.
Bad Points / Room for improvement
What they have against:
- Picks are a little on the thick size - might not fit most dimple locks;
- Square shafts might make the picks hard to rotate in locks;
- Shafts are not professionally finished (as you might expect?)
Marketed as a cheap starter kit for dimple lockpicking; Although with a little extra work to polish the picks, you can turn this cheap and affordable picking set into a decent set of lockpicks that any professional can be proud to hold.
How to finish lock picks
Please refer to our future post How to polish and finish lockpicks